Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2013


This week we looked at the self-reflection and wondering that goes into the brainstorming process before you begin an action plan. I guess I would first say that I didn't think coming up with an action plan would be this hard! I didn't think I would have to do so much research before I even do any research! Despite all that though, I'm glad I am doing the research. I don't just want to slap something together for a grade and then come away with a plan that can't help the students I look at every day. I want to help them in some way or at least do something that have the potential to help them learn better. After doing this wondering, I found that some of my action plan was too lofty and maybe I need to sit down and plan something simpler but might be more effective. I need to keep my eyes focused on what problems or issues I face at my school and what can I do to make me and my students environment better. This change in perspective was mind-blowing. After all, my action plan should be about something that will help my students’ academic lives better, not mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment