Followers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Updating my Action Research Plan

After re-reading my plan and looking at the lone comment I have on my plan, I know now that I have a lot of work to do. I have a lot of things I didn't think of when I came up with my plan that needs to be answered. Many details I have to account for that I didn't think about at all. Should my plan be continued even if students reading comprehension improve (measured by weekly assessments)? Is there any other reading intervention programs in use for high school students already? Is the program going to be assessed like the TEA does? All things I did not think about at all.

I do think my plan should be done all year regardless of success or failure so that honest and meaningful data will be gathered and relevant to the progress of the student. I don't really know if there are any high school reading intervention programs going on in the state of Texas. I have to do my research on that but I know at my school the only reading intervention they have is small class with the Inclusion teacher which is treated like a reading class. I need to find out the answer so I need to do research on what kind of reading interventions are currently in use so I can feed off of that. My program will be monitored by looking at any progress of students by way of weekly assessment gauging their reading comprehension. I am not sure if the TEA assesses that way or not.

Either way I need to not only look at my plan but also how the success or the failure of my plan might affect the students involved. I also need to figure out the what-ifs and how to combat these things with solutions. Kim have a lot to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment